Nevermind... after doing a bit more research, I already have an internally regulated alternator on the '69 Vette. Apparently the mass of grunchy looking wires in the fender well is the horn relay. So, I'll just re-solder the connections, get rid of the wire nuts (swear to god someone used wire nuts on this thing) and be done with it.
Thanks for following along with my internal dialogue.

--
Shawn
'69 Corvette 427 4-Speed