Clint, Jeff's chassis uses a four link configuration with SS shafts and high end heim joints. I'm going with coilovers, QA1s. The bare chassis is $2495. You can spend a lot more depending on what components you use. Mine will have rack and pinion steering, Wilwood brakes, A Winters alum. 9 inch rear and a few more extras. What sold me is the way the chassis is built and the cost is not a great deal more than building a stock chassis with aftermarket pieces. And I think you know of Jeff's accomplishments in the area of speed and handling. Like winning the Z2Z challenge. He knows how to make a car "slot car" quick. Time will tell. I'm not planning on Power Touring this year, so maybe I'll make the Chevellebration and you can see it first hand.
Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "Clint Hooper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 7:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Clint's Elky f/s

That ought to be an interesting project,Mike. Wish I could afford an LS2
conversion but it's just not in the cards. Chris Forno of C&D Performance
here in town is going to build me a healthy 385" sbc roller motor. What kind
of rear suspension is Steve going to use on your new chassis, four link or
three? You going with coilovers or air ride? It's looking now that I will
probably stay with my Air Ride set-up.
If you don't mind me being nosy,what kind of money is that chassis going to
cost?
Clint Hooper
H&H Custom,owner
1969 El Camino protourer
http://dalesplace.com/misc/friends/clint/clint_hooper.htm
http://www.lateral-g.net/members/hooper/
"You may find me dead one day in a ditch. But by God,you'll find me in a
pile of brass."

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Holleman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Clint, Glad to hear that things are such that you can re-focus on your
Elky.
God knows I depend on my daily dose of "garage therapy" to keep me sane. I
too was interested in how your new direction in suspension was going.
About
the same time you posted that, I was looking for a new setup for my 65
Elky.
I talked with Marcus, and with Tyler at ATS and a few others. looking for
better setup than just aftermarket CA's. I have opted for a chassis from
Jeff Schwartz with his circle track components. I won't have it til April
but hopefully I am making a good move as far as building a race level
handling Elky. It will be getting an LS2/T56 as well. I am real interested
in your experience with the SC&C setup. I know you have had experience
with
Air Ride and aftermarket tall spindle suspension. Let me know how it
works.
Mike Holleman