Hellew ALL,

I'm NOT the owner of a '64 El Camino yet I DO most of the work on it or have it done, so in essence I am partly an owner. I ain't comfortably "well off", I'm jest comfortably off. I prefer to do a lot of the resto-ing meself, yet w/out an adequate covering, I am resigned to paying some folk to perform these exercises. I'm currently in the process of acquiring the parts I wanna replace and this process alone is comparitively insurmountable yet necessary for Elkys longevity.
We live in Greensboro, NC, which is being generated into Brownsville with all the building and roads construction. ANYONE here live near or within 50 miles? ANYONE here that can recommend a good shop for overall repairs to a '64??
It has the factory 327 punched up a wee bit (.030) back in '02, so I guess it's what, a 331?!
Factory Rochester 4-jet(not the Quad) and (till further notice) Factory Intake manifold. We had the Aluminum Powerglide completely overhauled by Cottman Trans. back(of course not forward) in '04 or '05.
Also has the Lmtd. slip or Posi deal. Unsure of the gearing ratio.
It has ruffly 70,000 young miles for a 46 year old. I have more miles than Elky does yet I'm so far, more agile.
Sadly for us, we live in a Condo w/out coverage for Elky, so wurkin' on it is a pain in the open parking lot. Grit in bearings and otter places woiks very well for REbuilders, so I'm DONE working on it here.
Elky currently has a Carb anomaly where when cranking it will catch and quit, repeatedly until it will catch and run a bit then quit. It's VERY aggravating to both Elky and me. When it does finally get running, it'll quit when initiated, introduced, or engaged into ANY gear. So far the starter is still very operational.

I've bin accused of being loquacious by my wife which can explain the length of this post.
I'll try to be less lengthy on/in future posts, however who knows.

Thank You ALL (seperately) for Your Time!!
~EGuvNC~  .)

I've bin reading all the e-mails that were sent since Feb 1 and I've the "daily digest" setting set.

I really dig that post about "how to properly UNsubscribe" frum the Chevelles mailing list, so much so that I copy-n-pasted it to meself and a coupla fiends. I like folk that are just crazy enuf to be comically creative yet holding what there is of their sanity in check for other purposes as necessary, when applicable.

I believe I've "found" a neat list to be a part of and I dig ALL sarcasm whether or not intended as SARCASM DENOTES INTELLIGENCE!! Let the games continue!

WELCOME BACK MITCH!!, even tho I wasn't here when ya split the scene.

I read one e-mail that was "talking" about a front end rebuild site for Chevelles and I wood lyk that link if it is still valid, thank you! At Team Chevelle there is the Archives section that has details for the rebuilding of the Lower Control Arms, however NOTHING for the Upper Control Arms, hmmm.

FREE online classifieds from Windows Live Expo – buy and sell with people you know http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwex0010000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://expo.live.com?s_cid=Hotmail_tagline_12/06