Depends on the car.  Since I would more then likely need to pull some cash
out of the Chevelle fund, I want to keep it to less than $5K for now.  I am
not looking for a great car - just a good solid body I can put together
later on.

Perfect car?  1964 El Camino - no rust, no engine, no transmission, no
special options, lots of potential.  Dashboard would need to be complete and
in decent shape - but I already have a seat, and panels and carpet are easy
to come by.  I have a decent 350/TH350 combo from my Chevelle that will be
looking for a new home this summer after my LS2/T56 swap.  I am thinking
toss the engine/tranny in the Camino for a quick parts truck.  Save major
work for later on when the Chevelle is streetable.

You may remember the story about the 1970 El Camino, original owner, low
miles that I scrounged up.  Guy wanted around $1000 for it.  Well, needless
to say it was not the car it was supposed to be.  Through a series of
miscommunications, what I found was a 1985 El Camino SS, 100% original and
100% in need of work.  Could be a good project for someone that wants it.
Guy still wants $1000 for it.  Any takers?

His fathers 1970 all original survivor went in the estate sale, and he
acquired the 1985 a few years later on in trade for some legal work.
DAMN!!!

T.J. Ringlein

US Air Force

Clovis, California