Csaba Casera (sp?) editor of Road & Track drove that car to the
253MPH speed and wrote about 6 months ago or so ago.   Just read in a recent
issue that someone else took the top speed a bit higher.

        Dale is right about the wing.  It extends at a certain speed for
stability and then it retracts for decreased drag during top speed runs.
Nice bit of engineering.

Dale,

Yes, I thought the same thing. My guess is that at those high speeds, the
wing might push the rear of the car down too far and make for difficult
handling.