  From: Pelle Andersson
  Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 9:53 AM
  Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Q: Jerky steering

  Nope!
  I guess It's been there since I bought the car but I didn't notice it in the
beginning
  because the engine was idling quite high! Now when the carb is OK and
  the engine is starting to act normal I've noticed this!
  But it's also possible that the problem have popped up lately.

  My guess is that it's the steering pump.
  If it's the pump? Is it enough to buy a gasket kit to get rid of the problem
or is it
  something else (hard to fix) that's worn out or broken in the pump?

  Pelle