That's not an option. I paid big $$$ for this carb, it's going on an original restored numbers matching car. The seller is offering my money back, but these carbs are hard to find and I really want to make this one work. I don't believe the teflon tape will work either, since the leak appears to be coming from the area between the sealing surface on the carb bowl and the gasket on the inlet nut. I'll try it when I have time just to see, though. Thanks,
BillL