Another thought if you don't want to screw it up-
When my car needed a windshield (had none when it came
home), I called safelite and they did the whole thing-
new clips on rivets, the whole shebang.  It was all
included in the price of the windshield replacement
($120 I think at the time), but you might be able to
call and have a dude come out and lend a hand for 1/2
the money.  Just my 2 cents-  Good luck!

Jim
'66 Malibu
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jbiii/my66.htm