I assume the Crane blueprint cams are suppose to be blueprinted to the original cams (?) Either the 325 or 360 camshaft would be appropriate. I have the specs on my Reference CD (sample page at http://www.chevellecd.com/66cd/etr/engines/cam.htm) - assuming you have a 66 block, insure whatever grind you go with that the cam is for a 65/66 block and has the oil groove in the rear cam journal and if replacing cam bearings in the block that those are for a 66 block. No cam groove or correct rear journal means no oil to the topside.
Dale McIntosh <http://www.chevellecd.com> 1966/67 Chevelle Reference CDs ChevelleStuff.com <http://www.chevellestuff.com> <http://www.chevellecd.com> _____ From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rob Shaffer Sent: Friday, July 06, 2007 3:16 PM To: The Chevelle Mailing List Subject: [Chevelle-list] Cam Swap I'll be pulling my 396 in the next month to replace the rear seal. While I'm at it, I want to change the cam. I can't recall the cam that is in it now, but I've never liked the idle. So, I want to go back to a stock style, smooth idle cam. I would go with a Crane blueprint cam, but am afraid that with stock pistons it will ping and detonate on pump gas. Any cam suggestions for a smooth idle and pump gas driving? Thanks. Rob 1966 SS396 Convertible _____ avast! Antivirus <http://www.avast.com> : Outbound message clean. Virus Database (VPS): 000754-4, 07/06/2007 Tested on: 7/6/2007 4:18:09 PM avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2007 ALWIL Software.

