I tried a mini starter and had the same problem. Finally went back to the stock starter. Works fine. Mini starter is still on the shelf collecting dust.

Larry Williams
65 SS BB

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I was thinking that, the old starter didn't have this problem. I replaced starter after it started to drag because of heat from headers. If I don't find problem will have to go back to old style and wrap the starter and headers in heat tape . The car was an automatic that I converted to 4 speed and has less than 2,000 miles on flywheel. I am getting to old for this, just wanted the car I had when I was a little younger, like 40 years ago. It is fun and does turn heads. Thanks again, Darrell