I have caprice spindles on my el camino and like it a lot.   Stopping
power is much better than stock disc setup.   I feel that handling is better
too, but I'm not too picky about that.   The suspension gurus at Team
Chevelle in general don't like it because of increased bump-steer issues.  I
can't say that I've noticed any difference.

  Realize that you will need to spring for the "improved" upper control
arms which will set you back quite a bit.  I bought Global West but
understand that there are many newer (cheaper?) options now available for
those.   The front end on my 72 dropped almost exactly 1.5 inches with the
B-Body spindle.    Also you will need the 1LE rotors from a 91 Camaro or
something similar if you want to retain the Chevelle wheel bolt pattern.

   It all wound up costing more than I planned but has made the car better.

--
Rick Schaefer
72 TPI El Camino