I'll  check the door to rocker gap tomorrow and also the upper fender
mount shims.   I've never noticed an inordinate number of shims & I think
they would be obvious.  But the obvious has bit me in the butt in the
past.     I replaced the core support bushings with poly 10 years back, I
guess that I ought to look at them too.