From: Clyde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 5:16:42 AM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] OT - GMC TRUCK HELP

Hello:first off make shure the pipe from the exhaust manifold to the air
cleaner is intact,also check to see if the little flap opens up when the engine
is started cold.if not that must be fixed.H ow does the truck start when
cold?does it start and stall?.On your cold start check and verify the choke
pulloff is working as it should.There is a possibility that when you start to
drive the choke pulloff is starting to close up,causing a rich condition(black
smoke).The choke pulloff migh t be adjustible(set screw in the rear of the
diaphram or on the side),some of them you have to bend the rod.If the flap in
the air cleaner is not working,there is a possibility that the thermo vac
switch that controls it is tired.If it is you maybe able to find another one or
you can find another vac source to make it work.Give these a try and let me
know,if i can help in any other way Clyde.