Karl:
I have a 98 GMC 1 ton (3500) and have done the brakes 3 times. First time I
just changed the pads.The second time I had a shop do it ($200.00) and they
turned the rotors on the vehicle.The third time I pulled the rotors just like
Dan mentioned (had to use a puller to break rotor off the spindle) and the
next  time a shop is going to do them. With the hub pressed on to the rotor  it
was hard for the machine shop to set them up to turn. After I bought pads and
had the rotors turned I was into the job close to $125.00 and close to 5 hours
 of my time. I am not a novice at this sort of stuff and had all the right
equipment. Again as Dan mentioned the best thing to do is make sure you use
premium pads.

                                                                    Larry

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
1965 Chevelle Malibu SS
Collector of  1965 Chevelle parts
Seller of none (got to finish the car  first)