From: John Nasta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: chevelle-list@chevelles.net
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2007 10:05:24 AM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] starter & starter wiring

Thanks. These have been rebuilt starters. They work fine until I try
to start it while hot. The one in July fried when I shut it off to get
gas and tried to restart. The last one fried when I shut it off and
then realized I was not in a legal parking space and tried to restart.

I spun the flexplate yesterday and did not see any bad teeth on it. I
am not using any shims. However, I have to question whether it could
be a physical problem like that because the thing that seems to be
fatal is trying to start it when hot. Also, changing the starter seems
to fix the problem.

I'm also wondering if pulling current directly off of the battery is
sending too much amperage to the starter. Don't know enough about
electricity to know if that's possible. I always thought that a thing
would only draw as much as it can draw, and there is no such thing as
too much available amperage.

Of course this always has to be fixed when it's raining. I'll be
buying another starter today and I'll let you know what happens, other
than me getting wet.

John

Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]: