I left my doors on and didn’t have any trouble.   Its defiantly some added
weight but if you have a decent hoist it shouldn’t be any problem.  -RJ

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Thomas Ringlein
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 6:15 PM
To: 'The Chevelle Mailing List'
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Body off on Wednesday

Folks-

I have heard both sides of this question – so I send it to the collective
for some opinions.

I have my car stripped in order to pull the body off the frame this
Wednesday.  There is zero interior (aside from the dash), no wiring,
firewall is stripped, A/C is removed, basically I have a steel shell.  I do,
however, still have the glass in the car, and the doors mounted.  I do not
plan to remove the glass – so do I have to remove the doors before I yank
the body off the frame?  If it makes sense, I will do it.  If it does not
matter – they are staying on the car.

The method used will be an engine hoist (cherry picker) with chains
connected to the access holes for front body mounts (bottom right and left
of firewall), and also lifted from the two holes in the trunk that feed the
wiring down behind the bumper.  Again, chains fed through the wiring holes,
through a 2x4 with 1 ¼” hole, bolted through (like the guy on
72chevelle.com).

Thoughts?

Tom Ringlein

Clovis, Ca.