Thanks. That helps a lot because for all I know the blower motor that is in there might work, which would mean that all I really need to replace is the heater core. I'll see what it takes to get that purple wire back where it belongs and test the other one like you said.

BTW, in mine the long wire w/ the female fuse holder on it is black and the short one w/ the male end on it is orange.

Quoting Malibu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

John, I'll attempt to answer your wiring problem.
The fuse holder is hot from the horn relay,(should be red)
it takes a 30 amp fuse. The male end should be blk/or. this should be
connected to a 3 pronged plug for your a/c relay. The purple wire
should come off this 3 pronged plug and connect to the male plug on the
blower motor. The relay plug should also have a dark blue wire that
goes to another 3 prong plug for your resistor. The resistor is
connected to your switch in the car and it controls the speed of the
blower motor. They all have to be connected for the blower to work. You
can check your blower by running a wire from the bat to the male plug
and see if it runs. The motor has to be grounded so be sure you have a
ground from the screw that holds the motor in place to the body. Hope
this helps you out.