Sorry the late reply, but I got the car done and hit the road that night
(Wednesday) for the Thanksgiving holiday.

As for the plans for the car for 08, that depends on what the Air Force does
with me the next few years.  The plan should look something like follows:

Nov 07 - start work on the frame

Mar 08 - finish work on frame

Apr 08 - Get car in and on the rotisserie - get firewall smoothed, bottom of
car repaired, painted.

Jun 08 - Get car back - finish up the LS1 install (figure out induction
setup, stroker or not?, etc.)

Nov 08 - Get car back in for full paint (body work is already done)

Dec 08 - I will be hot for another trip to the sand.  I anticipate 12 months
in hell this time around.

Dec 09 - Return (with bills paid) and reassess from there - I may be ready
for another move (perhaps St. Louis area?)

Realistically, the car will be 100% done in about 4-5 years - deployment
cycle notwithstanding.  If the Air Force leaves me here, then it can be done
in about 3-4 years.  I get started on the frame tomorrow.  If the rest of
the job pleasantly surprises me like pulling the body did, I could be done
in 2 years (If I had a pile of money).

T.J. Ringlein

Clovis, CA

United States Air Force (Active)