Thanks for the responses,

Keith,
Regarding the overtightening of the Delco battery posts I can buy into that but
2 were OEM untouched by anyone else and the the other was done by the dealer.
Regardless I will look into the lock washer issue.

Hey Brian,
Since you work for Interstate does your replacement MTP-79 have the vent
hardware or do you need to salvage it from the OEM battery?

Tom,
I did have an old Delco in my Chevelle when I bought it in 1994, that sucker
lasted 10 years (really!) before I replaced it.
It just finally died.
Guess they don't make em like they used to.

BTW remember those trunk rods you gave me a number of years back?
I finally got them in last spring, just horsed them into place as I didn't have
any tool for the install.
They work great.
No more propped open trunk at cruize nights.

Thanks again,
Bob Belz