-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chuck Speake
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2007 2:23 AM
To: chevelle-list@chevelles.net
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Swappable

I am attempting to decide which engine I am going to swap for my existing
350ci.  I am considering the GM Crate 383ci 405hp partly because it  comes
short some parts.  Will the following parts from my 350ci work on the 383ci,
MSD distributor, water pump, flex-plate, and harmonic balancer.  I already
know my headers will fit and I have a good working carb. I can use.  I think
the 350 and the 383 are the same block with just a different bore and stroke
(probably not quite that simple)in which case these parts should be
interchangeable. The one I am the most uncertain of is the distributor.  If
the parts are not interchangeable I will then probably have to go with
another 350ci that I can use these parts on.  Would be nice to have the
extra power of the 383ci though.

Currently I am having a upgraded 700R4 transmission installed with a 2400
rpm lock-out converter along with either 3.55 or 3.73 gears (will make that
decision in the next couple of days) including having posi. installed.

I think this combination should match up well with the 383ci, or if I have
to, any of the 350ci crate engines.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I should have waited until Christmas, but it's too late now.  I guess I will
just have to look at it as a early Christmas present to myself that the wife
doesn't know about.  Oh! Oh!  Another bad boy.  Our cars do seem to get us
in trouble once in a while in one way or another don't they?

Chuck Speake

1970 Chevelle Malibu

Glen Ellyn, Illinois

[EMAIL PROTECTED]