Ron,

How did you fix the hole that passes through the center of the words
"wiper-washer"?Godspeed, Dan Solomon"It is a mistake to allow any mechanical
object to realize you are in a hurry."http://www.freewebs.com/chevelles1970/

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Wed, 14 May 2008 11:19:08
-0500Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Dash Question

I purchased a restored dash on eBay and then installed a Dakota Digital VF3
Dash in my '71 Elky.  I cannot personally recommend the DD dash as mine has
been a lot of trouble.  I have replaced the control box three times and am
currently waiting on a replacement display unit.  They are great at honoring
their lifetime warranty, but pulling the dash to replace parts can get old very
quickly.  I believe Covan makes a gauge carrier that allows you to install
pretty much any aftermarket gauges.  Of course the reproduction gauges are
available as well.

The restored dash was from a Monte Carlo and the holes had been filled with
epoxy.  Grain was duplicated and it looks great.  I have since experimented
with replicating the grain and it's pretty easy to do with a toothpick or an
awl while the epoxy is still soft.  I bought another MC dash that had not been
restored a couple of years ago.  It's in my warehouse and I don't really recall
the condition.  I will take a look at it and try to price it fairly if you
think you might be interested.  If I remember correctly, all of the bracing is
there.

As far as the swap, it's not very difficult.  You do have to be careful to
support the dash while installing it, as it is kind of flimsy until properly
braced.

Ron GriffithTexarkana, TX  75501

http://elcaminocentral.com/gallery-album_rgriffs-71-SS-Clone.html