FORGOT to mention.  When you take the old master cylinder off,   compare
the back (firewall side) of the new with the old.    The depression where
the brake push rod fits needs to be the same depth on both.   If one is
significantly different, you will need to return to the parts store & look
for another new M/C that matches your old.   For some reason, GM used 2
different size "depressions" during those years.

--
Rick Schaefer
72 TPI El Camino