What I mean by overheating is that the temp rises substantially at idle and if
I let it idle long enough, it would eventually bubble over (but I never let it
get that hot). I do have a shroud and the radiator is 2 years old and is a
4-core. I have the standard clutch fan(new clutch) and also a small pusher fan
outside of the condenser.

To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Fri, 30 May 2008 14:55:12 -0400From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
Re: [Chevelle-list] Is there really a "high flow water pump?"
The aluminum will help. I suggest Alumitech Reproductions...I just installed
one into my 67 Nova, and it looks beautiful, and fit perfect.
www.chevellecooling.com is the website I believe. They do make high flow water
pumps. However just because it flows more, doesn't mean its better. It might
cause it to flow too fast, in that the water wont have a chance to cool in the
radiator, making your car even hotter. What does your cooling system consist of
now? How old is your radiator? Do you have electric fans, or a clutch fan?

-----Original Message-----From: tabius barrett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>To: [EMAIL
PROTECTED]: Fri, 30 May 2008 11:42 amSubject: [Chevelle-list] Is there really a
"high flow water pump?"

Hello all...I have a 71 SS 402 and I am still fighting the summer time
over-heat monster. I plan to order an aluminum radiator soon but I remember
someone telling me that the so-called "high flow" water pumps are no better
than a standard water pump. My overheating seems to really occur at idle (stop
light, traffic, etc.). So here is the question: Has anyone really found a
high-flow water pump for my car and if so, where can i get it and how much?
Also, do you think the aluminum radiator will help? Thanks,tbDallas

Keep your kids safer online with Windows Live Family Safety. Help protect your
kids.=

Stay informed, get connected and more with AOL on your phone.
http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Join/Default.aspx?source=EML_WL_ChangeWorld