Depends on the year. Some control arms are indented for the end of the
spring. I did not use spacers on the front the rear had them on top.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jim & Chris
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 7:07 PM
To: chevelle-list@chevelles.net
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Chevelle-list] front coil springs

I have two questions 1.) where does the bottom end of the front coil spring
sit in the lower control arm ? the deepest part is after the 2 weep holes
clockwise looking down. 2.) should there be rubber spaceres between the
spring and fram/ control arm ? I've done this before but I don't think I did
it right. driver side sat 3/4 "in. lower than pass side. thanks for any
help, Jimmy .C