My step-father has a 71 LeMans Sport convertible and he's pretty sure something
broke inside the rearend today.? He's was driving along @ 35 mph and?he said
something went "bang" and the back end?"jumped up"?and it locked up the rear
tires.? It wouldn't move forward under it own power so I had to tow him home.?
Now it is leaking gear oil - we haven't got it up on his lift yet to find out
where it's coming from.?

 I have a couple of questions:

1)?? Will a 68-72 Chevelle 10 or 12 bolt in or are there differences in the
brackets?? I know there are some
????? physical differences in the center section and the shape of the diff
inspection?cover.?

2)?? His BOP 10 bolt is a posi - will the posi unit fit in a Chevelle 10 bolt??
I may give him my 10 bolt and find a
???? 12 bolt for my 70 Chevelle.

3)?? If the Chevelle rearend is a direct bolt-in is there any benefit over a
BOP?? Or should we just rebuild what he
????? has?? Never rebuilt one yet, but we have pretty much everything we need
tool-wise, plus he's a 30-year?
????? machine repair-man.

4)?? Any other ideas/suggestions I might not have thought of...?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Eric