Sorry to bring more news to this group but I have lost a dear friend this week.
 His name was Louis William, 56, from Freeburg, IL and I was introduced to him
33 years ago when I needed help adjusting my clutch.  He was an outstanding
mechanic and Chevelle enthusiast.  He was the best mentor I ever ran into! We
went into partnership with a 1967 SS Chevelle, slowly converting it into an off
road drag car.  I was brought up to speed on carbs, ignition, rearends,
engines....the whole line!  We raced for 10 years, finally sold the car after
much success on the strip.

He was also a sought after mechanic to the end, giving each customer more
satisfaction than he charged for.  People brought their cars from out of state,
he was so dependable.  I slept better knowing he worked on my elderly parents
vehicles and didn't overlook a thing!

Like I said, Louis loved Chevelles and helped me uncountable times during my 10
year restoration.  We both love motorcycle riding, but his death happened when
a drunk driver turned in front of his 2007 Suzuki  bike Tuesday causing a
collision.  The chickensh*t driver took off but word is they caught him.  I
will miss Louis dearly, as will his wife and 2 young sons.  I hope I have
strength to go to his funeral.

Sorry for more bad personal news.

Steve E
Illinois