Awhile back someone wanted information on a source of Tetraethyl lead to
protect older valves and enhance pump gas octane.

To keep from modifying my 1968 350 hp 396cid in my Chevelle, and also for
convenience, I use a Product called Max Lead 2000.  It is one of the few
sources of real lead and works wonders when used with 93 octane unleaded.  I
can run straight unleaded but situations can cause hard starting or pinging,
plus I have put several sets of valve guides in this engine while drag
racing/street driving on unleaded.

It comes in quarts and when using 12 oz. per 20 gallons of 93 unleaded, your
octane is raised to 99.  24 oz. per 20 gallons gives you about 101 octane.  I
like the idea of having a quart in the trunk for longer cruises in case good
premium can't be located.

Max Lead 2000 can be purchased from Paddock but it's pricey with shipping.  I
found a great place to order at a better price and shipping is about 1/2.  Cost
is $45 per gallon (in quarts).  It come out to an additional $ .25-.50/gallon.
They suggest not buying more than you can use in 18 months.

http://maxlead2000.com/

The company I order from is Vogel Products, Inc. in Columbus, IN.
1-812-376-2775.  Ask for Barbara.  There might be further discounts for bigger
quantities.

Hope this helps.

Steve E
1968 Chevelle SS 396