Charlie,

The floor pan is the same whether or not you decide to go with a bench or
console and buckets. I would try to find someone close by to get the floor pans
to save on freight and damage. The best way to get the big stuff is at a show
but it's the wrong time of year for that. There is a parts dealer in New Jersey
that was listed on www.chevelles.com called Classic Auto Parts & Accessories
732-787-9599. I don't have any experience with them but if they are close and
carry sheet metal, it may be worth a call. All the sheet metal is about the
same no matter who you buy from.

I dressed my Chevelle as an SS without C.I. badges and put in a 350 because I
had it. Once I got it on the road, it was nice to drive but it really needed
the big block. I am soooo happy now! Engine, paint color and choice on stripes
is all personal preference. Personally I am a purist and like the GM colors.

I would blast the frame yourself. I picked up a sand blaster from Harbor
Freight that worked great. If you choose this route, make sure you wear a
respirator. Powder Coating is the most durable finish you can put on a frame
but that's a job that you have to pay for. Paint will be Ok but susceptible to
stone chips and rust. Might want to consider POR-15 as well. Requires a less
critical removal of the rust (bonds better to light rust) and is very durable.
Can tell you more about the stuff if you are interested.

I packed up the stuff and will mail it out on Monday. Hope it helps.Thanks, Dan
 "It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object to realize you are in a
hurry."http://www.freewebs.com/chevelles1970/

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 17:03:43
-0500Subject: [Chevelle-list] Some feedback on the 70 seats and the tank

I already have a console,maybe I'll put buckets in,I suppose 70-72 will work.I
have 4 spd,but a new full floor pan is going in so I can change the opening
from square to oblong,correct if wrong.maybe better resale with buckets,I
wonder how mounting will work on the new floor with bench or buckets, and what
is the best Vender to get the floor..Car came with bench,ss dash,not restoring
to "original"I gave the short block away 28 years ago to core charge.Body shop
wants me to make it an SS.I want something like Foose would make,no stripes!SS
means big block doesn't it?I have only a few hundred miles on this engine(350)
and trans.I have important questions now on what to do.I decided this car will
not be a show car,I'm not sitting with the hood open for a trophy all day.The
body  is coming off the frame,but I'll sandblast and paint the frame and make
everything new but I'm not going to be fussy.I'm saving time and money on the
interior and paint.If I send the car to the shop and let them blast and
paint($500 just to blast the frame)and all the parts that bolt on are $15-$30@
piece,Me and my friend can paint it(frame black from Eastwood supply)and blast
it,not in that order,and maybe even the body.He is a retired Ford plant worker
from Edison,NJ.

                              I would like to thank Rick Schaefer,Trooper,Tom
Rightler,and Dan Soloman for your help with my gas tank and bench seat
questions.Dan, I ordered your DVD's.I'm getting more help here than in my
club,Garden State Chevelles,and I go to the meetings.If you have any comments
or disagreements with the above plans,respond.
                                                                      Charlie K