That POR15 stuff belongs in one place....the trash can. POR stands for Paint Over Rust. That doesn't make the problem go away. The only way to eliminate rust is to cut it out and replace it with new metal or sandblast it off. Putting some kind of coating over only prolongs what NEEDS to be done to fix it correctly.

Tom Rightler
MCC Newsletter Editor

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eduardo (Eddie) Gamino" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Chevelle-list@chevelles.net>
Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2008 8:44 PM
Subject: [Chevelle-list] HELP..Rust front and rear window channels...

Hey guys, I have both the front and rear window channels with surface rust and some flaking on my 70 chevelle. There seems to be no signs of major rust holes or other major damages from the rust. I was planning on either using that POR-15 kit rust solution or to just replace both channels for new ones. Which one would be a better choice with less complications?

For the POR-15, is it true that it states about fixing, stopping and curing rust? This idea seems good because it says that the POR-15 can just be added on top of the rusted surface and that's it and it will protect it. Has anyone used this and can say it works?

As for just replacing window channels for new ones, is this whole process a big hassle? thanks everyone

-Eddie

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses