I had my '71 done by a professional, and the sail panels are coming loose anyhow. I wonder if GM used some sort of "miracle" adhesive back in the day ?

BTW, good looking engine, Dan !

Larry

I had some left over from the restoration that I performed on my Chevelle - they were original and looked a little used. I cleaned them up as well as I could but they just didn't look right so I got new material and tried to glue that on usung the 77 spray adhesive. I had to cut the darts as well to get it to form smoothly around the edges, etc. After one summer - they started to bubble a little, I ordered pre-done ones and those are in now - they are starting to bubble as well. I'll have to try something new. I think I'll have them recovered by a professional interior/trim business - maybe a thicker backer board will work.
Bob, 71Chevelle SS Sb but will be a 454 soon.

Considering mine is far from original and I prefer a 69 or 70 style, the 70 would be the easy fix! The question is how much will the conversion cost. I’m dropping in a blown 468 in the car so it should move along.

DSC04712_resize.JPG