I wouldn't think this is a big problem. You could probably talk to the DMV, say you've had this car for years, and have the VIN verified or something like that. I'm sure these things happen...

-----Original Message-----
From: Johann Grobler <johann.grob...@absamail.co.za>
Sent: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 11:44 pm
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Crappy News

Hullo Josh,

Enough to Rant About!!!!

My 65 Malibu went through the same situation.  Found that the engine number was different to the original registration certificate.  The Malibu was standing since 1982!!!

Problem was solved through the local Licensing Office and Police Vehicle Theft Unit.  The numbers were corrected at no cost and the Malibu is now registered in my name.  You should have a similar system there to solve the problem.