I checked the fender extensions I have in storage.  GM part # 3982405
Driver side and 2406 passenger side.    I bought the extensions at swap meet
years ago for spares & don't know if they are from a 71 or 72.   Those P/N's
agree with what is in my 72 assembly manual for a pickup & station wagon.

--
Rick Schaefer
72 TPI El Camino