If you look at the back of a 65 ignition switch you will find a 12v post
available.  Simply run a direct wire to the HEI.

Gotta ask - Not familiar with 65 -  Does the car still use a ballast
resistor to drop the voltage to 8 or 9?   If so, just  bypass the resistor
for the full 12V.

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 6:44 AM, Granite City Performance