I'm looking for data on 67 Chevelles concerning the speedometer cable hole
in the firewall.  The 66 model year may also apply.

I have a 67 El Camino that originally came with a Powerglide and the hole in
the firewall for the speedometer cable is just below the steering column.

Question #1.  Would I be correct in assuming the 3-speed manual use the same
hole as the Powerglide?

I also know (I think) the 4-speed speedometer cable enters the firewall on
the passenger side.

Question #2.  Would (or should) the firewall have provisions for both cable
locations?  My Fremont-built El Camino (w/PG) does not have a hole on the
passenger side.

Question #3.  Would (or should) a 4-speed car with speedometer cable hole on
passenger side have the hole on the driver side and just have it plugged or
would it even be present?

Then.

Where is the hole in your firewall for the speedometer cable?

What year?

What plant?

What factory transmission?

Thanks!