When I assembled the 327 in my 66 Chevelle in 2003, I went with 10.5:1 pistons,
camel hump heads, performer rpm intake and a .272/.284 cam. The thing runs
great, but of course now I can only run 98 octane or higher in it. Anything
lower and it pings.. Now a father of 2 and limited time out in the garage, I'm
trying to figure out the best way to get back to using 93 octane. Is the old
adage of "putting thicker gaskets" still an option, or do I now have the only
choices of running with either lower compression pistons or heads? I am so
bummed that I have to do this, bc I had the heads all freshly redone in 2003,
and the thought of leaving them sitting on a shelf now would be a bummer. Then
again, running on 98 is severely limiting where I can drive the car. And pls,
noone mention octane booster, bc I don't want to destroy the gaskets in my
carbueretor!

Thanks in advance,

Jim