The truth is that the only companies that are having Chevelle sheet metal parts stamped are Dynacorn and Goodmark, so the retailers mostly all carry the same stuff and it just becomes a matter of price and delivery time. With the economy being the way it is, most retailers (especially those who do know have a "brick and mortar" storefront and the smaller stores) are carrying less inventory and having everything drop-shipped, which makes everybody's delivery time about the same, which only leaves price as a major consideration.

On the subject of price, it's a troubled business right now as prices have been fluctuating wildly with the cost of transportation rising and falling accordingly with fuel prices. Dynacorn doesn't even post prices on most items on their wholesale web site any more, and prices on the Excel spreadsheets that they sent me in March are already wrong. I often have to reject orders because the price has changed so much that I would either lose money or literally make nothing by filling the order. I just sent someone a refund for roughly $1100 today for that reason. Luckily auto parts is not my only business.

OPGI and some of the hot rod & speed stores (Jegs, Summit, etc.) distinguish themselves by carrying things like your disc brake conversion kit and other speed and customization parts rather than strictly reproduction restoration parts.

Trevor sells used parts as well as new parts, although I don't know how he does it considering the storage and labor costs involved. I have purchased some used things from him myself and he sold me good stuff at good prices.

I have always heard good things about NPD and IIRC that's the one owned by the Bumgarner's who participate in this list. You guys can correct me if I'm wrong.

I have never dealt with Ausleys or GM Restoration Parts (didn't even know that was the name of a retail company, and if so I'm surprised they haven't been sued by GM).

It's definitely a very hard business right now, especially for the smaller fish in the pond.

HTH,
John Nasta

Quoting Ron Malespin <males...@msn.com>:

Suppliers I'm considering:
Ausleys
OPG
GM Restoration Parts
National Parts Depot

I am also interesting in who supplies a quality front disc brake kit.

Thank you in advance for your knowledge!

Ron Malespin
1967 Malibu
Boise, Idaho