Sent: Sunday, July 12, 2009 12:13 AM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] chrome thermostat housing (water outlet)

I think that using distilled water with your antifreeze helps stop corrosion and maybe waterpump lubricant may help too. I had alway heard the same thing about the cheap chrome waternecks but I used one for years and when I removed my 283 and sold it, the thermostate housing still looked like new. The cast iron one that was on my Buick 350 looks like it was left in a bucket of salt water for years and water pumps will spring a leak too so cast iron has it's problems too.
Just a thought but I agree and I would not use one again.
Bob Haggard

---- Larry Williams <larrydwilli...@hughes.net> wrote:
Made in China!?  I have the used the same cast iron housing since 94.