Nice story Dan,  Your car looks identical to my first exposure to a muscle
car.   My brother bought a bright red, 360HP '66 SS new.  As I recall, he
special ordered it to go FAST.  Only option was a radio.    Half way thru
the order process, the Dealer/Salesman said "You really don't want to make
any money on this deal".   He often says that the wait was the longest 6
weeks of his life.  Congrats on your ride and great selection of a Life
partner who understands your obsession.

--
Rick Schaefer
72 TPI El Camino