Looks Great!!!!

HowardH

----- Original Message -----
From: bad66chevelle...@aol.com
To: chevelle-list@chevelles.net
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2010 9:59:02 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Shaved firewall pictures

For all of you who wanted to see my shaved firewall and how I did it…

Here’s me in the prepping stages. Mainly just grinding away paint at the edges.
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/Bad66Chevelle454/Chevelle/ChevelleDisassembly008.jpg

This is right after I got the sheet metal cut and tacked into place. I believe
I used 16 gauge, cold rolled.
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/Bad66Chevelle454/Chevelle/ChevelleDisassembly012.jpg

This is after I had fully welded it. I welded the outside 100%. Since my dash
was out on the inside, I went ahead and tacked a few places just to make sure
this thing doesn’t vibrate at all. At this point I had put on bondo, sanded,
primered, sanded, and then I sanded even more.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/Bad66Chevelle454/Chevelle/Sept9th2009003.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/Bad66Chevelle454/Chevelle/Sept9th2009001.jpg

Then this is when it was actually painted.
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/Bad66Chevelle454/Chevelle/ChevelleUpdate09-22-09001.jpg

With the fenders back on.
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/Bad66Chevelle454/Chevelle/ChevelleUpdate09-23-09002.jpg

This is basically how its sitting right now. I’m still working on this thing.
This picture doesn’t really show off the firewall much.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t43/Bad66Chevelle454/Chevelle/ChevelleUpdate11-18-09001.jpg

Any other questions, comments, or if you want a specific picture, feel free to
shoot me an e-mail.

Tim