I never had a gasket fall apart. I suggest new studs, use brass nuts, and
locktite. Retighten nuts after an initial warm up period and then again a
month later.

From: chevelle-list-boun...@chevelles.net
[mailto:chevelle-list-boun...@chevelles.net] On Behalf Of flesh...@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 5:03 PM
To: chevelle-list@chevelles.net
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Exhaust gaskets (Donuts) Help!

I am having a tough time keeping the donut gasket between the manifold and
the exhaust pipe from disintegrating. After installation, it takes about 3-4
months of very little driving and they start leaking again.

I have been told that there are metal gaskets (poss copper?) and regular
donut gaskets with a metal tube insert that helps the heat/exhaust flow
through with less stress to the donut.

I have not seen anything like what I am describing and wondered if there was
someone out there that had some experience with this problem that they could
share.

Thanks,

Ed

70 Chevelle SS Convertible