1a.

Re: Needed B positive blood immediately for Shubhranshu

Posted by: "rahul" aaroh...@yahoo.com   aarohini

Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:23 am (PST)

malaria can be dangerous at times and it is a relief to know that Shubhranshu has come back from the brink.

Rahul Banerjee

74,Krishnodayanagar,Khandwa naka,Indore,Madhya Pradesh, India-452001

Cell no: +919926791773

webpage: http://rahulbanerjee.notlong.com

blog: http://anar-kali.blogspot.com

--- On Sun, 14/12/08, smita choudhary nee sharma <consultsmita@gmail.com> wrote:
From: smita choudhary nee sharma <consultsmita@gmail.com>
Subject: [chhattisgarh-net] Re: Needed B positive blood immediately for Shubhranshu
To: chhattisgarh-n...@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, 14 December, 2008, 11:15 AM

Dear friends

Shubhranshu is now back from the hospital. The malaria is in control,

and the platelet count is back to safe levels.

It was a difficult time, especially as the problem of falling platelet

counts was one that could not be addressed through medicines. We

needed people- and you all were there.

I felt your concern, and the support that you offered, whether it was

on phone, or mail, or in person. Not for a moment did I feel alone.

I feel humbled by this experience.

Thank you.

Smita

1b.

Re: Needed B positive blood immediately for Shubhranshu

Posted by: "G MANJU SAINATH" gmanjusain...@gmail.com

Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:13 am (PST)

I am glad that Shubhranshu has recovered. Sitting thousands of kilometres
away, I had no other choice but to pray for his well-being.
'Tum Jiyo Hazaaron Saal, Saal Ke Din Hon Pachaas Hazaar.'

On 12/14/08, rahul <aaroh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> malaria can be dangerous at times and it is a relief to know that
> Shubhranshu has come back from the brink.
>
> Rahul Banerjee
> 74,Krishnodayanagar,Khandwa naka,Indore,Madhya Pradesh, India-452001
> Cell no: +919926791773
> webpage: http://rahulbanerjee.notlong.com
> blog: http://anar-kali.blogspot.com
>
> --- On *Sun, 14/12/08, smita choudhary nee sharma <consultsmita@gmail.com>
> * wrote:
>
> From: smita choudhary nee sharma <consultsmita@gmail.com>
> Subject: [chhattisgarh-net] Re: Needed B positive blood immediately for
> Shubhranshu
> To: chhattisgarh-n...@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Sunday, 14 December, 2008, 11:15 AM
>
> Dear friends
>
> Shubhranshu is now back from the hospital. The malaria is in control,
> and the platelet count is back to safe levels.
>
> It was a difficult time, especially as the problem of falling platelet
> counts was one that could not be addressed through medicines. We
> needed people- and you all were there.
>
> I felt your concern, and the support that you offered, whether it was
> on phone, or mail, or in person. Not for a moment did I feel alone.
>
> I feel humbled by this experience.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Smita

1c.

Re: Needed B positive blood immediately for Shubhranshu

Posted by: "Surekha Sule" surekh...@gmail.com

Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:05 pm (PST)

Dear Smita,

Good to hear Shubhra is back. Thanks to Anoop, I was informed about his
recovery. Very best and get well soon to Shubhra.

Surekha Sule

On 12/14/08, smita choudhary nee sharma <consultsmita@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear friends
>
> Shubhranshu is now back from the hospital. The malaria is in control,
> and the platelet count is back to safe levels.
>
> It was a difficult time, especially as the problem of falling platelet
> counts was one that could not be addressed through medicines. We
> needed people- and you all were there.
>
> I felt your concern, and the support that you offered, whether it was
> on phone, or mail, or in person. Not for a moment did I feel alone.
>
> I feel humbled by this experience.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Smita

1d.

Re: Needed B positive blood immediately for Shubhranshu

Posted by: "zubi_robin123" zubi_robin...@yahoo.com   jan_madhyam

Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:10 pm (PST)

Long live Shubhranshu & Smita,
I wonder what happens to million of us who don't have a partner. On
their behalf I extend my greetings.
Do keep up the good work.
Zubi

--- In chhattisgarh-n...@yahoogroups.com, "smita choudhary nee sharma"
<consultsmita@...> wrote:

> Dear friends
>
> Shubhranshu is now back from the hospital. The malaria is in control,
> and the platelet count is back to safe levels.

2a.

CG government admits to violations by SJ, orders compensation, force

Posted by: "CPJC" cpjcin...@gmail.com

Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:24 am (PST)

Dear Friends

We are attaching the annexure.

CAMPAIGN FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE IN CHHATTISGARH

15th December 2008

PRESS RELEASE

CHHATTISGARH GOVERNMENT ADMITS VIOLATIONS BY SALWA JUDUM; ORDERS
COMPENSATION; ORDERS FORCES OUT OF SCHOOLS

In its response to the Supreme Court in the Salwa Judum matter, the
Chhattisgarh government had admitted that Salwa Judum and security
forces have burnt houses and looted property, and has ordered that
compensation be given (Order no. F/4/46/Two-C/08) dated 17.10.08. It
has also said that residents of uninhabited villages should be
rehabilitated, and that residents of camps be given rations, health
etc.
Further, it has said that security forces should not occupy schools or
ashram buildings, which has been a long standing demand of the human
rights movement in different parts of the country.
Even as it had passed these orders in response to the Supreme Court's
interim directives upon reading the NHRC report that the "Chhattisgarh
government should take whatever steps are necessary', the BJP
Government did not publicly acknowledge this. Instead, it continued to
insist throughout the election campaign that the NHRC had given a
clean chit to the Salwa Judum. When they distributed free rice to the
camps, they did not reveal that they were doing it in response to the
NHRC report.
Whatever else the election results showed, they do not vindicate Salwa
Judum. In the affected constitutencies, 70% (Bijapur) and 60% (Konta)
did not vote at all. In Dantewada, the local leader of Salwa Judum,
Mahendra Karma lost.
However much the BJP or its cheerleaders in the media might wish,
Salwa Judum has been decisively shown to be a violation of human
rights, and the BJP government itself has admitted to it.
Unfortunately, even as we write this, however, there have been fresh
attacks by SPOs/Salwa Judum on village Regadgatta where grain heaps
have been burnt. What this shows is that the BJP government is
treating the NHRC and Supreme Court cynically, and issuing orders only
for the sake of appearances.
All members of the public must demand that the rehabilitation be
carried out as promised by the Government, and that the attacks of the
Salwa Judum be stopped. This is the only way to bring down violence in
the district from all sides and work towards peace.
The next hearing in the Supreme Court is on the 16th of December 2008.

Sridevi Pannikar
Pravin Mote
JP Rao
(for CPJC)

--
Campaign for Peace and Justice in Chhattisgarh
Email: cpjcin...@gmail.com;

Convenor, CPJC

--
Campaign for Peace and Justice in Chhattisgarh
Email: cpjcin...@gmail.com;
Website:www.cpjc.wordpress.com

3.

CG Government order

Posted by: "CPJC" cpjcin...@gmail.com

Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:24 am (PST)

Annexure R 5

Government of Chhattisgarh
Home Department (Section C)
Ministry

No. F/4/46/Two_C/08 Raipur dated 17.10.08

The Collector
Bijapur and Dantewada

Subject: Regarding necessary action with respect to report of National
Human Rights Commission

Reference: Petition No. 250/2007 titled as Nandini Sundar & Ors. Vs.
state of Chhattisgarh and No 119/07 titled as Kartam Joga and Ors. Vs.
State of Chhattisgarh regarding Salwa Judum filed before Hon'ble
Supreme Court

With reference to aforementioned petitions, the following steps be
taken on the recommendations of Report of National Human Rights
Commission in compliance of the directions of Hon'ble Supreme Court:-

1. Necessary action be ensured for rehabilitation of uninhabited
families by District Level Rehabilitation Committee constituted under
the chairmanship of Collector. Necessary scheme/proposal with respect
to rehabilitation at Collector State level be sent to State Level
Rehabilitation Committee.

2. Necessary relief money be given in cases of properties damaged by
Salwa Judum activists/security forces, besides naxalite violence,
after village wise analysis.

3. Security forces be not allowed to stay in school/ashram buildings.
Construction of barracks etc. required for stay of police force, be
got carried out with the help of Police Department/Authority.

4. Facilities of ration distribution, public distribution system,
health toilet etc. in the relief camps be ensured.

5. Inquiries and sudden inspection of complaints be carried out with
respect to black-marketing of ration-distribution and kerosene oil.

Proceedings on the aforementioned suggestions be commenced and its
monthly be done and monthly report of steps taken be sent.

Sd/- Illegible
(Sanjay Pillai)
Secretary, Government of Chhattisgarh
Home Department

Endt. No. F/4/46/Two-C/08
Raipur Dated 17.10.08

Copy to:

1. The Commissioner, Bastar Division, Jagdalpur for necessary action.

Sd/- Illegible
(Sanjay Pillai)
Secretary, Government of Chhattisgarh
Home Department

--
Campaign for Peace and Justice in Chhattisgarh
Email: cpjcin...@gmail.com;
Website:www.cpjc.wordpress.com
4.

stories of corporate fraud and other woeful tales

Posted by: "Dipankar" dbasu200...@yahoo.com   dbasu2002in

Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:05 pm (PST)

As winter sets in and temperatures drop, here is an invitation to warm
your hearts with latest stories of corporate fraud and other woeful
tales from the bastion of clean and "super efficient" capitalism: USA.

(1)
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/12/business/13wyeth.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss&pagewanted=all
(Pharmaceutical company, Wyeth, hires ghostwriters to push it's agenda
through articles in scientific journals; scientists beware!)

(2)
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/12/business/12scheme.html?pagewanted=1&ref=business
(Prominent Wall Street trader has been recently arrested for running
the largest Ponzi scheme in history. What is a Ponzi scheme? Roughly
this: one borrows a huge amount to make an investment that is expected
to bring a very uncertain but huge return very far in the future; and
then one keeps borrowing to meet the payment commitments of the
original borrowing...the huge return, of course, seldom materializes!)

(3)
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/banking_and_finance/article4965118.ece
(Criminal investigations initiated against many Lehmann Brother
executives; Lehmann was one of the five famous investment banks that
defined Wall Street; today none of them exist!)

(4)
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/17/AR2008071702760.html?hpid=moreheadlines
(Small business fraud: companies won contracts by falsely claiming to
be located in economically distressed localities)

Dipankar

5a.

Release Lenin Kumar the peoples writer and Abhaya Sahoo the peoples

Posted by: "Kundan Kumar" kumar...@gmail.com

Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:09 pm (PST)

COMMITTEE FOR THE RELEASE OF POLITICAL PRISONERS
185/3, Fourth Floor, Zakir Nagar, New Delhi

13/12/2008

PRESS STATEMENT

Condemn strongly the authoritarian attitude of the Orissa state government
to stifle democratic voices!

Release Lenin Kumar the people's writer and Abhaya Sahoo the people's
leader unconditionally!

The Committee for the Release of Political Prisoners (CRPP) strongly
condemns the authoritarian attitude of the Orissa state government to stifle
all democratic voices that dare to dissent against its anti-people policies
not to say its connivance to the murderous deeds of the Hindu communal
fascists. There is no other way one can understand the arbitrariness and the
haste with which the state government have arrested Mr. Lenin Kumar, a well
known intellectual who has been consistently raising his voice against the
anti-people policies through his pen. What more this people's poet, writer
was gagged at the court premises in Bhubaneswar by the lawless police before
the full glare of the media! And what is the crime of this people's writer?
He wrote a booklet after visiting the people who have been targets of Hindu
communal violence strongly criticizing the government's connivance and total
inaction against the perpetrators of the violence on the people. The
murderers and rapists who had their field day on the days when the communal
fascist goons attacked the hapless people are still roaming freely without
any charges or threat to their freedom of _expression_! This is the real face
of the Orissa government�who is ready to strengthen the hands of the
murderer than the victims. This is necessary for the government to implement
its anti-people policies like hundreds of MoUs signed with the MNCs and the
local monopolies that will give the rich land, water, minerals and forest
wealth on a platter. The people hardly matters.

*Media trial of the detained*: Before the arrest of Mr. Lenin got confirmed
the insidious police started feeding the obliging media with all kinds of
stories regarding his association with the Maoists. On the contrary what the
police while detaining him had claimed was that the booklet authored by
Lenin titled *Dharma Naamre Kandhamalare Raktara Nadi* will* *incite
communal hatred and hence violence! This shows that the police had intended
to profile him in the media in a manner which will enable them to frame him.
The Magistrate refused to give him bail saying that it was a serious charge.
We would like to ask: Is writing and making the people aware about the
fascist anti-people nature of the Hindu communal forces a serious charge
under IPC? Are we leaving in a Hindu theocratic state?

Further the police have claimed that they have seized from Lenin's computer
images of the Maoists based in Bastar and that it is incriminating evidence.
He has already made it clear that these images were from the award winning
documentary of Ms. Vanaja who had shot the film in Bastar. We would ask
again: Will the Orissa police arrest the Prime Minister of this India Mr.
Manmohan Singh for giving the Goenka Award to Ms. Vanaja for the best
documentary?

Basic Fundamental rights denied: Mr. Lenin who is well known artist and
writer has been denied his basic food access to pen, pencil and paper. The
police have claimed that they have denied him these basic things due to
security reasons! No where in the world can one hear such remarks reeking of
sadism.

We from the CRPP once again reiterate the demand for unconditional release
of a people's voice.

It is in the same context the CRPP would bring to focus the arrest and
incarceration of the people's leader of Posco Pratirodh Sangram Samiti
(PPSS) Abhaya Sahoo who has been incarcerated in the prison despite his
failing health. It is increasingly becoming evident day by day that the
government of Orissa does not want to hear what the people of Orissa want
say as how they would want to live their lives. Mr. Abhaya Sahoo was only
trying to give _expression_ to the aspirations of the lakhs of people of the
region who just wanted to live a dignified life. He stood like a rock for
them, with them. And for this the government who has blood in their hands
has slapped initially 25 cases on him. Today we hear it has become 32. No
one can say how many more are to come. But every one knows one thing very
clearly. This is a definite strategy on the side of the government to keep
him behind bars for life. The ailing Abhaya Sahoo was even denied bail on
health. It should be noted that on his return from Vishakhapatnam for
treatment on acute asthma, rheumatism, high blood pressure, heart ailment
etc. that he was arrested by the Orissa police near Paradip. The CRPP
strongly condemn the lawless and inhuman conduct of the Orissa police who
had chained him to the hospital bed without a mattress while being
administered medicine. Such barbaric attitude of the police should be
condemned by all dignified freedom loving citizens of this country.

Every democratic person should rise in unison against such heinous, fascist
design of the rulers. We should not allow Abhay Sahoo to be behind bars. We
demand his unconditional release.

Release Lenin Kumar and Abhaya Sahoo immediately and unconditionally!

Release all Political Prisoners!

In Solidarity,

Amit Bhattacharyya SAR Geelani
Rona Wilson

Secretary General Vice President
Secretary, Public Relations

Prashant Jena Bansidhar Das

Secretary Convenor, Orissa
Chapter
5b.

Re: Release Lenin Kumar the peoples writer and Abhaya Sahoo the peop

Posted by: "sri venkat" ahvenkit...@gmail.com   viji123

Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:26 am (PST)

What is good for the goose is for the gander.

To maintain communal harmony people should refrain from publishing
inflammatory books etc. If the police were to ignore this then it
eventually will burst into riots and violence and again the Hindu
community will get blamed.

The press statement seems to be against maintaining communal harmony.
hmmm intersting but truth position of the left.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal