Title: chhattisgarh-net

Messages In This Digest (2 Messages)

Messages

1a.

Re: Soldier, dancer, doc: Many roles of women Naxals

Posted by: "sri venkat" ahvenkit...@gmail.com   viji123

Sat Mar 7, 2009 10:52 am (PST)

On 3/2/09, rahul <aaroh...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> As a sceptic I consider the social and economic arrangements proposed under
> both capitalism and marxism and its indian variant naxalism to be seriously
> flawed in many respects. However when it comes to the deleterious effects
> that these systems have historically had on the human race and on the
> environment one does not have to take a poll of the readers - the facts
> clearly show that capitalism over the past two and a half centuries has
> caused much much more havoc than marxism has done in the ninety years or so
> that it has been in power somewhere or other in the world.

Dear Rahul
What has really taken a toll in modern society is the marriage between
modern centralized systems or ideologies (be it capitalist, communist,
theocracy) and the scientific industrial systems.

So while modern idealogies took away power (democracy, independence,
etc) from local systems such as villages and concentrated at the
centre. This is bad enough but scientific achievements allowed for
maximum opportunity for greed.

This is what has led to the exploitation of the disadvantaged sections
of society, The adivasis are one of the worst affected.

Naxalites may wriggle out of naxalite systems, but even their system
is also centrally based.. it takes out the power from the villages,
etc which in the past had functioned with least interference. So
naxalism is also not the solution.

And even if the tribals were to given freedom to run their regions,
you will still find centralization and fight for power and authority
and then again clamour for freedom by smaller tribes who find their
language, culture, job opportunities being taken over by the larger,
stronger groups.

Your problem may be too ideologically oriented or reductionist (eg
blaming patriarchy)

Prior to modern influences (political ideologies and
industrialization), the adivasis led a peaceful life. So that should
be the goal. Should it not? Ideologies bickerings will not get us
anywhere near that cherisehd goal.

Peaceful history of Bastar versus current situation
http://www.mail-archive.com/jharkhand@yahoogroups.co.in/msg03183.html

"win found the tribals of Bastar "gentle, friendly, with no desire
for property or power". They were, he wrote to his mother in London,
in striking contrast to the warring Europeans. The life led by the
Bastar adivasis was "a great lesson to the world at this time. So long
as men cling to the desire of empire and wealth such catastrophes as
the present one [i.e., World War Two] are certain to occur".

2.

36garh Diary | 08| March | 2009

Posted by: "Yuvraj Gajpal" gajp...@gmail.com   yuvrajgajpal

Sat Mar 7, 2009 9:17 pm (PST)

Dear Friends,

Here is the News about Chhattisgarh in the media today

Expired medicine recovered from Chhattisgarh hospital
Thaindian.com - Bangkok,Bangkok,Thailand
Raipur, March 7 (IANS) Expired stocks of medicine were recovered from a
government hospital here Saturday during a surprise inspection by a rights

Three women charred to death in Chhattisgarh village
Thaindian.com - Bangkok,Bangkok,Thailand
Raipur, March 7 (IANS) A woman and her two daughters were charred to death
in a Chhattisgarh village Saturday after fire broke out in their shanty
while ...

More news can be found with full coverage at...

http://cgnet.in/Med/diary/2009/cgdiary080309

Pls send your suggestions on how do you find CG Diary and how to make
it more useful for all of us.

If you see/know/experience something which you think should be shared
with people pls write to us at
cgnet...@...<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chhattisgarh-net/post?postID=FSXQ-mcxWSKYZA3CD0vYC2h9lQPRdPYZ6ku9fboGLi1N6vGSY6ZBeP2XFNGsgvCnj2Oq1RJiy5kt>If
you want we can
conceal your identity.