Title: chhattisgarh-net

Messages In This Digest (1 Message)

Message

1a.

who controls agricultural science in India? by Devinder Sharma

Posted by: "Sanjay Maharishi" sanjay.mahari...@gmail.com   maharishi66

Fri May 8, 2009 10:23 pm (PDT)

another bright example of "close encounters with high education of the
scientific kind..." all education reformists should take a call on what
all can they really reform and for how long will it stay reformed.

dr swaminathan says that whereas we had green revolution earlier - and
see the resulting progress we made, the mouths we fed - now we are going
to have 'the evergreen revolution'. in this one there will be no need of
fertilizers and pesticides and germicides and other chemical inputs,
because now we are going to modify the very genes of the plants so as to
make it pest resistant. extending this logic he goes to the extant of
calling gm crops organic!!

devinder sharma's other article on gmo and agricultural universities is
also quite interesting
http://devinder-sharma.blogspot.com/2009/04/agricultural-universities-are-main.html

regards
sanjay