Title: chhattisgarh-net

Messages In This Digest (9 Messages)

Messages

1a.

Re: Appeal letter for ANTI-POSCO RALLY : Don't Steal in the name of

Posted by: "gnubie" ani...@movingrepublic.org   gnubie

Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:22 am (PST)

--- In chhattisgarh-n...@yahoogroups.com, op goel <opg...@...> wrote:

> All these rallies are anti development and anti growth. The people who are sponsoring and holding these rallies do not want the backward areas and backward people to become prosperous and be a part of the Indian mainstream.

Let me try to reply Mr Goel by few paras from Javed's blog

Anivar

Meanwhile, a MBA graduate with a goatee and the newest Blackberry approaches a semi-nude farmer sitting on his haunches, drinking salfi and waiting for the rain.

`We're here to claim your land for a new factory for rich people who think you smell funny.' Says the MBA graduate, who I shall now, refer to as, the Developer.

`Why?' asks the confused farmer.

`It's called development. It shall be good for you.'

`How?'

`It will make us a superpower. Our GDP and our growth would increase and investors would come flocking to our country. It's all economics, I don't think you'd understand.'

`What about me?'

`You stop being a farmer who can barely pay your debts because of government policies and people like me, and you become a chapraasi for one of our CEOs.'

The farmer thinks for a second.

`What if I say no?' He asks.

`Then we get our goons to come beat you up. And we always have the bureaucrats. Even the banks belong to us and you will never get another loan.'

`What if I still say no?

`Then we send the whole damn army after you.'

`What if I still say no?'

`We shall break your spirit.'

`And if my spirit doesn't break?'

`We shall kill you all.'

(Now this is where I take some more creative liberties and shall try to draw out a logical continuation to the above scene.)

`Okay, you can have my land, but you die first.' Says the farmer to the Developer.

`What?!?'

`I read somewhere that development really follows a logic that Some need to suffer for the Many. And sacrifices must be made. I believe your friends, the Maoists, say the same.'

`What? My friends?!'

`So I will give you my land, if we can chop your arms off first.'

`What? No!'

`It's development, why not?'

`No.'

`Come on, you and your CEO, you and your government.'

`Are you mad? Get away from me.'

`€ ¦ï¿½.you all should make sacrifices for development too!'

`No!'

`The world is a cruel place and difficult choices must be made.' Says the farmer.

`Get away from me!'

`Okay, I'll just chop off one testicle, is that okay?'

The farmer brandishes a rusty blade, the Developer runs away, the farmer sits on his haunches again with his salfi along with a harbinger. Tomorrow, a combing operation in the name of hunting Naxalites shall leave his village burnt, his crop destroyed and his children hungry.

`DEVELOPMENT ZINDABAD! Says the farmer.

>From Javed's Blog http://moonchasing.wordpress.com/2009/11/10/chidambaram%E2%80%99s-omelette/

1b.

Re: Appeal letter for ANTI-POSCO RALLY : Don't Steal in the name of

Posted by: "Manoj Padhi" manojpa...@gmail.com   manojpadhi

Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:24 am (PST)

Can Mr. Aravind tell us what to do with the Iron Ores ?
If he doesn't like large corporations, let him bring equivalent amount of
small investments and propose a better plan to Industry secretary and tell
us what he said ..

We have had enough anti-POSCO rhetoric.. we don't need them any more..

Thanks
Manoj Padhi

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 10:48 PM, Anivar Aravind
<ani...@movingrepublic.org>wrote:

> ==AN APPEAL FOR SOLIDARITY ==
>
> PARADEEP TO PURI: THE PADYATRA AGAINST PREDATORY CORPORATIONS

2a.

Re: In Naxal battle, latest weapon is fiction

Posted by: "Rajesh Singh Sisodia" nangep...@gmail.com

Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:45 pm (PST)

Real reporting. Congratulations

Rajesh

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 10:30 AM, Shubhranshu Choudhary <s...@cgnet.in>wrote:

> In Naxal battle, latest weapon is fiction
> Neelesh Misra
> Hindustan Times
> Dantewada, November 15, 2009

http://www.hindustantimes.com/In-Naxal-battle-latest-weapon-is-fiction/H1-Article3-476551.aspx

3.

Technical job openings at Gram Vaani

Posted by: "aaditeshwar_seth" a3s...@cs.uwaterloo.ca   aaditeshwar_seth

Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:46 pm (PST)

Dear all,

Gram Vaani is looking for software engineers and technical support staff. Please take a look at the detailed job descriptions and send us your CV accordingly:

http://gramvaani.org/get-involved/job-openings/

regards
Aaditeshwar

4a.

Re: Re : Chidambaram interviewed by Tehelka

Posted by: "rahul" aaroh...@yahoo.com   aarohini

Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:41 am (PST)

It looks like a deceptive move to me.
Rahul Banerjee
74,Krishnodayanagar,Khandwa naka,Indore,Madhya Pradesh, India-452001
Cell no: +919926791773
webpage: http://rahulbanerjee.notlong.com
blog: http://anar-kali.blogspot.com