1.

PM tO chair National Council for Tribal Welfare

Posted by: "Madhu Sarin" msa...@sify.com   madhu_sarin

Sun Sep 5, 2010 7:06 am (PDT)

http://pib.nic.in/release/release.asp?relid=65525

Friday, September 03, 2010
Ministry of Tribal Affairs

PM TO Chair National Council for Tribal Welfare

In order to send a strong message that the Government is committed to the cause of welfare of tribals, an apex body 'National Council for Tribal Welfare' (NCTW) headed by the Prime Minister has been constituted. Shri Kanti Lal Bhuria, the Minister of Tribal Affairs initiated the formation of the body.

The proposed Apex level body has 18 members viz. Ministers of Tribal Affairs; Finance; Agriculture; Home Affairs; Health & Family Welfare; Environment & Forests; HRD; Rural Development; Woman and Child Development; Culture; Mines; Coal and Power; Deputy Chairperson, Planning Commission; Chief Minister of Schedule V and Schedule VI States; two experts to be nominated by the Prime Minister for a period of 2 years and Secretary, M/o Tribal Affairs, as Member Secretary.

The Council would provide broad policy guidelines to bring about improvement in the lives of the ST community in the country. It would also review the implementation of the Forest Rights Act, implementation of Schedule-V and Schedule-VI of the Constitution, monitor the implementation of Tribal Sub-Plan and the programmes aimed at protecting vulnerable tribal groups. Meetings of the Council would be linked with the meetings of the National Development Council (NDC) to ensure that they are held regularly and the Chief Ministers are able to attend during NDC meeting.

In addition to the above Council, a Standing Committee would also be constituted with Minster of Tribal Affairs, as Chairperson and other members such as Secretaries of Ministries - Finance, Home, Secretary, Environment& Forests Secretary, Agriculture, HRD Secretary, Health & Family Welfare, Women & Child Development, Culture Rural Development and Member Secretary, Planning Commission. Besides, two experts to be nominated by Minister of Tribal Affairs, and Secretary, M/o Tribal Affairs, as Member Secretary.

SB/AP

2.

A photo feature on Niyamgiri

Posted by: "purusottam singh thakur" puru...@gmail.com

Sun Sep 5, 2010 7:21 am (PDT)

Dear friends,

Please find a photo feature on Niyamgiri, Dongria Kondh and Vedanta.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/hindi/multimedia/2010/09/100901_niyamgiri_gallery_vv.shtml

Regards.
purusottam

--
Purusottam Singh Thakur
puru...@gmail.com

3.

NREGA : Dharna if no payment in a week in Rajnandgaon

Posted by: "CGnet Swara" cgnetsw...@gmail.com

Sun Sep 5, 2010 9:42 am (PDT)

Dear friends

Bhan Sahu reports from Rajnandgaon that in entire district many people
have not been paid for their work in NREGA from the month of April.
People are getting desperate after no action from government side
after repeated requests for payment. And now they are planning a
demonstration if the due payments are not made within a week

Please listen to her voice report here and also let the authorities
and journalists from mainstream media know

http://swara.no-ip.org/index.php?id=1432

You can also listen to these reports by dialing the new number for
CGnet Swara 080 4113 7280

You can now leave a missed call on the number and the server will call
you back and one can listen and record their messages without spending
any money

Can we request you to please make a note of this new number in your
mobile phones and please help us by telling this new number and the
call back facility to our friends who are not on e mails

Please call this number to record and listen to messages in CGnet
Swara and let us know if you encounter any problems

regards
CGnet Swara moderators

4.

Children protest unedible Mid day meal in school

Posted by: "CGnet Swara" cgnetsw...@gmail.com

Sun Sep 5, 2010 9:42 am (PDT)

Dear friends,

Jeet Kumar, a student is reporting from Navin Government
School in Jamul, Bhilai that his school has started a new system of
getting food packets from outside for Mid day meal for students which
is of very low quality. He says when they found insects in the food
for continuous three days they protested and now have a meeting with
the authorities to sort this out. He says they demand return to the
old system where mid day meal was cooked in the school

Please listen to his voice report here and let the authorities and
journalists from mainstream media know

http://swara.no-ip.org/index.php?id=1412

You can also listen to these reports by dialing the new number for
CGnet Swara 080 4113 7280

You can now leave a missed call on the number and the server will call
you back and one can listen and record their messages without spending
any money

Can we request you to please make a note of this new number in your
mobile phones and please help us by telling this new number and the
call back facility to our friends who are not on e mails

Please call this number to record and listen to messages in CGnet
Swara and let us know if you encounter any problems

regards
CGnet Swara moderators

5.

How to celebrate festivals : Lessons from a tribal village in Mandla

Posted by: "CGnet Swara" cgnetsw...@gmail.com

Sun Sep 5, 2010 9:50 am (PDT)

Dear friends

Mithilesh Kumar from Mandla is reporting how some young boys from his
village got together after Independence Day celebration and decided to
clean the village. First we should do our duty before demanding rights
was the thought. Now on Teachers Day apart from felicitating the
teachers they collected ration from each family to prepare a community
kitchen to fight caste segregation and also talked about how children
learn from bad behavior of parents and how we treat our women folk

Please listen to his voice report here

http://swara.no-ip.org/index.php?id=1429

You can also listen to these reports by dialing the new number for
CGnet Swara 080 4113 7280

You can now leave a missed call on the number and the server will call
you back and one can listen and record their messages without spending
any money

Can we request you to please make a note of this new number in your
mobile phones and please help us by telling this new number and the
call back facility to our friends who are not on e mails

Please call this number to record and listen to messages in CGnet
Swara and let us know if you encounter any problems

regards
CGnet Swara moderators

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group