That certainly seems like a bug.

I don't know why it would drop messages on a module reload, though.

One thing to consider with hot reload, if you have any recursive infinite
loops (like a receive loop) in your code.  Erlang only maintains 2 versions
of a module at any given time, so when you loop, you want to loop with
?MODULE:loop_my_function() instead of just loop_my_function().

The ?MODULE prefix ensures that the latest version of the code will be
reloaded when loop_my_function() is called.

I say this because I've seen similar errors in other things caused by
looping incorrectly with a module that gets reloaded.

Food for thought.

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 8:26 PM, Kai Janson <kot...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As far as I recall they should persist between hot code updates.  Jesse?
>
> --Kai
>
> Sent from the trenches
>
> On May 18, 2016, at 15:19, rlander <rlanderd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All!
>
> Are we supposed to lose all boss_mq messages and channels after a hot
> reload? I'm using boss_mq for user notifications in a web app, but it's not
> very useful if messages and channels are lost between code upgrades since
> we'll be doing those daily.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/chicagoboss/ffdf7cf1-87d2-428c-bb65-7038bb608d23%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/chicagoboss/ffdf7cf1-87d2-428c-bb65-7038bb608d23%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>