>From http://chicagoboss.org/doc/api-view.html ...

Configuring ErlyDTL

By default, ErlyDTL escapes HTML in values that are passed in template
variables. This behaviour is configurable in CB, by setting the value of
template_auto_escape to either true or false in boss.config.

... so it seems that CB allows you to suppress escaping only at the
application level, which may be OK but typically not what you would want.

I am not sure whether maybe you could side-step escaping by writing your
own custom tab?

Alternatively, Django (on which ERLydtl is based) has a tag to switch
autoescape on and off (see
https://django.readthedocs.io/en/1.6.x/ref/templates/builtins.html) but I
have never tried it in CB.

Good luck!