On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 1:43 PM, lemonboy <thatle...@gmail.com> wrote:

AFAICT the `extras` module contains a bunch of useful procedures to get one
> started writing so it'd be nice if we could choose and implement a single
> PRNG,
> taking advantage of the (light) breakage introduced by C5.

Is there anything wrong with SRFI 27 and its MRG32k3a generator?  It's fast,
clean, splittable (you need splitting whenever you are dealing with
independent
random sources and don't want to spend a lot of entropy on them, not just
for
parallel processing), and works well on both 32-bit CPUs (with 64-bit
floats)
and 64-bit CPUs.   I have not seen any indication that MRG32k3a has been
broken.

--
John Cowan          http://vrici.lojban.org/~cowan        co...@ccil.org
If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing