Hi,

first of all: thanks Jim for bringing this up, this will definitely help
to clean up our repository a bit :-)

Felix <fe...@call-with-current-continuation.org> writes:
> The version is either the tag directory or inside the setup file.

I wonder how that works when installing directly from a checkout. From
my experiments, the version returned by extension-name-and-version is
empty when I chicken-install from the trunk directory for example (which
makes sense of course, where should it know the version from). The same
is true when installing from within a tag directory though. Does
switching to the version-from-tag-directory-name scheme mean that it is
not possible to install from checkouts anymore?

Moritz