Hello, folks--

I am trying to understand the usage of module interfaces (i.e.
DEFINE-INTERFACE and (interface: INTERFACE-NAME) in export lists). At first
glance they seemed like a good thing--but having experimented a bit with
them, I'm not sure I really see the point. As far as I can tell, all that
interfaces do is provide a convenient way to enable or disable groups of
exported definitions at compile time (i.e., the time when the exporting
module is compiled). If so, it seems like a feature that adds significant
complexity in return for a very marginal benefit. But perhaps I'm missing
something? I would be interested to see an example of a practical
application for these interfaces.

Best regards,

--
Matt Gushee